What’s in the Box
- Vortex Viper HD 20-60×80 Straight Spotting Scope
- Eyepiece Cap
- Objective Lens Cover
- Built-In Picatinny Accessory Rail
- Custom Fitted Case
- VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty
- HD Lens Elements: HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass delivers impressive resolution and color fidelity, resulting in High Definition images
- XR Lens Coatings: Vortex proprietary XR anti-reflective coatings, fully multi-coated on all air-to-glass lens surfaces, increase light transmission for maximum brightness
- Porro Prism: Offers maximum image quality and performance in a traditional design
- Waterproof: Optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust and debris from getting inside the spotting scope
- Fogproof: Argon gas purging guarantees superior fogproof and waterproof performance
- ArmorTek: Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt
- Twist Eyecup: Twists up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- Dual Focus: Allows for maximum focusing precision with both coarse and fine focus adjustments
- Sunshade: Reduces glare and shields the objective lens from raindrops and snow
- Picatinny Accessory Rail: Allows easy attachment of red dot type sights
The Viper HD 20-60×80 Spotting Scope from Vortex has proprietary XR anti-reflective coatings and HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass for increased resolution and color fidelity. Fully multicoated on all air-to-glass lens surfaces, the light transmission is increased for greater brightness. The Porro prism construction offers excellent image quality and performance in a traditional design. Meeting challenging conditions with confidence is accomplished by the argon gas purging which ensures fogproof and waterproof performance of this all-weather scope. The waterproof optics are sealed with o-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the spotting scope. ArmorTek ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt. Complete with a zoom eyepiece, built-in sunshade, rotating tripod mount, and case, this is a spotting scope to own.
The versatile magnification of the Viper spotting scope allows viewing at a wide field-of-view at lower power, then zooming in on distant details. The magnification of the spotting scope is changed by simply turning the magnification adjustment ring. A twist up and down eyecup provides comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses or sunglasses so that the full field of view can be observed. Twist the eyecup down when viewing with eyeglasses or sunglasses and twist up when viewing without glasses.
The dual focus feature allows for maximum focusing precision with both coarse and fine focus adjustments. After setting the magnification, you can adjust the fine focus. This does more than allow you to see critical details, it also ensures fatigue-free viewing. When you change the magnification, some refocusing is usually required. The coarse and fine adjustments is handled with just the tip of a finger: slowly turn the coarse focus dial until the subject is nearly in focus and then turn the fine focus dial to pick out the details.
The sunshade reduces glare and shields the objective lens from rain and snow. Extend this fitted shade to effectively block out disturbing stray light. The tripod foot attaches to any tripod or car window mount that uses 1/4 x 20 screw threads. Simply secure the tripod mount foot on a quick-release plate or mounting plate of the tripod head. The tripod mounting collar of the Viper allows you to rotate the spotting scope body for greater viewing flexibility. Loosen the mounting collar by turning the thumbscrew to the left. Then rotate the spotting scope body to a comfortable viewing angle. Keep the scope body in your preferred viewing position by securing the mounting collar with a turn of the thumbscrew to the right.
A built-in Picatinny rail can be used to easily attach red dot type sights.
HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass delivers better resolution and color fidelity
Proprietary XR anti-reflective coatings and full multicoatings on all air-to-glass lens surfaces increase light transmission for maximum brightness
Porro prism construction offers image quality and performance in a traditional design
Waterproof: sealed with O-rings to keep moisture, dust, and debris out
Argon gas purging guarantees superior fogproof and waterproof performance
Hard, scratch-resistant ArmorTek coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt
Twist eyecup adjust up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses or sunglasses
Dual focus control allows for precision with both coarse and fine focus adjustments
Extendable sunshade reduces the glare and shields the objective lens from precipitation
Rotating tripod mounting collar allows the eyepiece to rotate to off-center positions for greater viewing flexibility
Picatinny accessory rail for easy attachment of red dot type sights
- We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 60 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
- At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 60 days of delivery.